MASSIVE OPEN ONLINE COURSE
MOOC 3. Nature-Based-Solutions as proactive approaches to conservation
This is the third course of the pathway on sustainable marine ecosystems in the context of climate change.
- Module 1. Introduction to sustainable management of marine ecosystems and resources
- Module 2. From species to ecosystem conservation
- Module 3. Habitat restoration and its value in nature-based solutions
- Module 4.Greening man-made structures to support nature in the urban ocean
- Module 5. Incentivising, Financing and Governing Nature-Based Solutions
OPEN COURSE 24/7
his MOOC provides a definition of the term “Nature-based Solutions” (NbS) and offers a broad overview of NbS applied to coastal and marine environments. The main objective of the course is to introduce students to the concept of NbS with real-world marine and coastal examples, explore the intersection between NbS and more traditional conservation practices and concepts, as well as discuss the scientific, socio-economic and political factors that facilitate the adoption of NbS.
Open Itinerary – Online (4 MOOCs)
Free courses (optional certificates available for a fee)
Principalmente en inglés con subtítulos en inglés, italiano, portugués y español
THIS COURSE IS PART OF A TRAINING PATHWAY ON SUSTAINABLE MARINE ECOSYSTEMS.
Other courses belonging to the same pathway are: